English level: Upper-Intermediate to Advanced (B1-C2).
35 million copies sold, Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is the
world's bestselling dictionary, and the dictionary teachers and students
love to use.
* NEW 1,000 new words and meanings
covering technology, lifestyle, slang,the economy (carbon trading,
citizen journalism, malware, social bookmarking, stack it, staycation, X
* NEW Oxford 3000Plus shows students the most important words to know in English and the most important meanings of those words.
* NEW Academic Word List words marked.
* NEW 32-page Oxford Writing Tutor helps students plan, write and review their written work.
* NEW Topic Collocation notes and synonym information enables students to extend their vocabulary to over 7,500 words.
* NEW 64-page Visual Vocabulary Builder with colour photos and illustrations.
* NEW Oxford iWriter on CD-ROM an interactive tutor to help students plan, write and review their written work.
* NEW Interactive whiteboard-friendly CD-ROM.
NEW interactive whiteboard-friendly CD-ROM includes:
* Oxford iWriter an interactive tutor to help students plan, write, and review their written work.
* Thesaurus, Cultural Guide and Word origins integrated with the A-Z create a complete reference tool.
* Example bank with 1,000s of extra example sentences.
Topic vocabulary banks make it easy to look up and learn words used in
society and politics, science and technology, culture, and education.
* Dictation exercises in a variety of accents to develop listening skills needed for passing exams.
* Help with learning and teaching dictionary skills.
* Exercises to practise and learn the Academic Word List.