The Oxford Picture Dictionary is an extremely useful tool for all
beginning students of English. Its colorful pictures and scenes can
help anyone learn English, and is perfect as an ESL reference for
classroom or home study. It can be used alone as a self-study tool or
with a certified ESL instructor.
When students begin to learn a new language there is a crucial need
to develop a basic core vocabulary. Without this basic vocabulary, even
day-to-day survival is very difficult. The Oxford Picture Dictionary is
perhaps the best means to bring a student this core vocabulary.
of everyday words and corresponding scenes and pictures are included in
this book. If you are teaching in an ESL situation, this book will save
you many hours of fumbling around trying to explain vocabulary to
students who can't understand you.
The remarkable new edition of the best-selling Oxford Picture Dictionary,
features over 4,000 words and phrases illustrated with all new vibrant, crystal-clear artwork.
The topics, based on extensive input from teachers and students,
have been thoroughly updated to meet the needs of today's English language learners.
The new bilingual editions have complete second language indexes.
Features of the Oxford Picture Dictionary (2nd Edition):
- New! More verbs and phrases provide learners with the building blocks needed to create meaningful conversation.
- 4,000 words and phrases, illustrated with crystal-clear and vibrant illustrations meet the needs of today's language learners.
- Practice activities at the bottom of almost every page enable students immediately use the target vocabulary.
- New! Intro pages at the beginning of every unit present key vocabulary for learners at all levels.
- New! Story pages at the end of each unit promote reading development and critical thinking skills.
- New! Subtopics within many topics, organize words within logical groupings and facilitate page navigation.